Our test on Unit 7 will be on Friday, March 22, so we’ll spend tomorrow and Thursday reviewing the Law of Sines, Law of Cosines, and related information ahead of this test.
Tonight, please finish HW 7.10.
We will have our Unit 5 test on Wednesday, March 13. Monday and Tuesday we’ll spend some time reviewing.
In preparation, please work on some of the review from the end of the unit. Read the unit summary on page 562, then on pages 562-568 do exercises 5, 6, 11, 12, 18, 30, 31, 37.
We will have a test on chapters 17-19 later this week (currently, it is scheduled for Wednesday, February 27). In preparation, I’ve selected some questions from each chapter. Your homework is to do at least one exercise from each chapter. I’ll provide you with solutions to all of them.
- From chapter 17 (pages 468-471): 23, 25, 53
- From chapter 18 (pages 491-492): 22, 34, 36
- From chapter 19 (pages 514-515): 22, 24, 33
I invite you to try all of these problems!
The applet for today’s activity can be found here. Using this simulator, find:
- Two very different values of p and n that create a distribution that you would confidently identify as “normal”
- Two very different values of p and n that create a distribution that you would confidently identify as “not normal”
- At least one value of p and n that creates a distribution that might be normal, but you’re on the fence about.
Report your findings here
For homework this weekend/next week, please finish reading Chapter 16, pages 423-429, then work on exercises 32, 33, and 34 from page 432.
Out Unit 4 Test will be on Wednesday, January 30. We’ll spend Monday and Tuesday after we get back from midterm exams reviewing the unit. Over next week, I recommend you work on the following practice problems from the Unit 4 review, pages 434-439: 5, 16, 20, 21, 23, 25, 27, 28, 37.
Due to today’s 2-hour delay, we will have the in-class Chapter 12 Investigative Task tomorrow, Thursday. It will still be closed-notes/closed-book. The schedule in the mid-year project folder has been updated.
Today you finalized your idea and started work on your project proposal. This proposal is due on Friday at the start of class, so you will need to collaborate on this outside of class.
On Friday we will review for our Unit 3 test, to be held on Monday, December 3rd. By then, you should complete the textbook review assignment: pages 331-336, exercises 1, 3, 7, 9, 11, 15, 19, 20, 23, 29, 32, 40, 41
Finish up Chapter 12 by reading pages 319-325 and doing exercises 32, 33, 39 from pages 327-329. Also please finish the Chubby Dogs Experiment example we started in class.
Upcoming Items of Note
- Tomorrow, we’ll introduce the mid-year project. You’ll be forming project groups and brainstorming ideas initially, and will finalize your idea and submit a project proposal by Friday. If you want to preview the details of the project, you can find information here.
- Wednesday, we’ll have an in-class Investigative Task for Chapter 12. This will be a closed-notes, closed-book task!
- Next Monday will be our test on Unit 3. After you submit your project proposals, we’ll spend the rest of Friday reviewing. I would suggest you get started on the review assignment (will not be checked for homework, so don’t stress!): pages 331-336, exercises 1, 3, 7, 9, 11, 15, 19, 20, 23, 29, 32, 40, 41
Your Unit 2 test will be on Wednesday, November 14. We played a game of survivor to review much of the unit so far, and your homework tonight is the first of two test review sheets.
One more reminder: your Unit 2 test will be on Wednesday, October 31. It will be cumulative for the entire unit, including chapters 6 and 7 that have already been tested, along with the content from chapter 8 (outliers, primarily) and chapter 9 (re-expression)
We’ll have another review packet in class tomorrow. For tonight, please work on the textbook review assignment: Read the summary information on pages 255, then from pages 257-261, do 10, 11, 16, 19, 20, 22, 23, 30.
Finish reading chapter 9 (pages 242-246), then work on exercises 18, 19, 30 from pages 251-254.
We will have our Unit 2 test on Wednesday, October 31.
No reading assignment tonight, but please work on exercises 6, 16, and 17 from pages 248-250.
The date of our unit test has been shifted. It is now scheduled for Wednesday, October 31st.
We’ve started chapter 9, the last chapter of Unit 2. Tonight, please read pages 232-242 (up to “Plan B”) and then do exercises 3, 5, 11, and 15 from pages 247-250.
Our Unit 2 test will be on Tuesday, October 30.
We will have a test on Chapters 6 and 7 (association and linear models) on Wednesday, October 17. On Monday and Tuesday, we will review.
So today, your homework is Linear Regression Review 1 (this file contains tomorrow’s review as well, so please hold off on starting that until tomorrow!)
Your homework for tonight is to read pages 114-121 (up to “z in reverse”), then do exercises 15, 18, 20, 22, 23, 26 from pages 132-133.
Since Chapter 5 is the last of the first unit, we will be having our first unit test on Friday, September 28. We’ll spend some time Thursday reviewing, but you may want to start the review assignment early: from pages 134-146, exercises 5, 6, 7, 8, 18, 19, 21, 31, 32f, 33