There is a lot of information to cover in this post, so please read on!
Thank you for your time and attention this year. I hope you’ve had a good year, and I hope that you’ve found your time in my class to be valuable. We’ve had a long year, though at the same time it really seemed to fly by!
As you know Monday will be the first annual Student Conference/Field Day. There is a lot to know about this day, but what you specifically need to know depends on what else is going on for you on Monday. This information is addressed in a separate post.
For all students
Please complete the course evaluation form found here. These evaluations are crucial for me to improve the course content and structure to better serve my students, as well as to improve myself as a teacher. I read every response carefully. I am not collecting names or email addresses (unless you *want* to include your name!) so please be honest!
For AP Statistics students
- Submit your written report and your presentation to me (and Ms. Seifert if you are in 1st period) using the filenames “LastName.LastName.LastName.Final Project Report” and “.Final Project Presentation”
- Make sure that your data sheets are linked in the appendix of your written report and the sharing settings are properly set so that I can view them!
- By June 21st, please complete the peer evaluation form here. Submit a response for each member of your group, including yourself! Failure to complete this evaluation will impact your final project grade!
For Intermediate Algebra students
Your final exam will be on Monday, June 17 at 9:00 in the big gym. I’ve uploaded some final thoughts and hints about the exam here. Please take some time to look it over! Report to the big gym on Monday by 8:45 so that we can start the exam promptly at 9:00!
Review Notes and Assignments
- ALL LESSON VIDEOS HAVE BEEN TAGGED WITH THE “END OF UNIT VIDEO ARCHIVE” TAG. Click the link to review any old posts and rewatch videos for the help you might need.
- Day 1 – Solving Equations
- Day 2 – Polynomials
- Day 3 – Rational Expressions
- Day 4 – Radicals and Logarithms
- Day 5 – Complex Numbers + Quiz Review
- Day 6 – Mixed Review
- Day 7 – Quadratics
- Day 8 – Right Triangle Trigonometry
- Day 9 – Non-right Triangle Trigonometry
- Day 10 – Probability
- Day 11 – Exponential and Linear Models
- Day 12 – Mixed Review 1
- Day 13 – Mixed Review 2
Cumulative IXL Review Modules
- In most cases, your log-in information is as follows:
- Your user name is your first initial, followed by your complete last name, followed by “1@ithaca”. Mine would be “bkirk1@ithaca” (if that format doesn’t work, try it with “@ithaca” alone or with “2@ithaca”
- Your password is abc123
- If you’re having trouble logging in, please let me know and I’ll help you out!
- All of the following are starred on the IXL main page
- Solving Equations
- Rational Expressions
- Radicals and Logarithms
- L.4 – Simplify radical expressions with variables I
- L.5 – Simplify radical expressions with variables II
- L.7 – Multiply radical expressions
- L.8 – Divide radical expressions
- L.9 – Add and subtract radical expressions
- L.10 – Simplify radical expressions using the distributive property
- R.1 – Convert between exponential and logarithmic form: rational bases
- R.4 – Evaluate logarithms
- Complex Numbers
- Exponential/Linear Models