Ithaca High School has four core values:
- Compassion: the quality of being respectful of another’s feelings and showing kindness and a willingness to help others
- Integrity: the quality of being honest, fair, and doing the right thing in a reliable way
- Tenacity: the quality of being determined to do or achieve something; firmness of purpose
- Ownership: the quality of being responsible for yourself and taking accountability for what you say and do
To apply these core values in my classroom, I have seven classroom rules, broken down in the following affirmations:
- I will be here, present both physically and mentally.
- I will be kind to myself, and I will own my mistakes when they happen
- Class starts and ends with the bell. If I am late, I will come in quietly and sign in.
- I will use my cell phone for school purposes only, or with specific permission from the teacher.
- I will come prepared to class every day with binder/notebook and charged Chromebook.
- I will understand the intent of my actions, but I will own their impact.
- I will always give help when asked, and I will always ask for help when I need it.
AP Statistics Information
Expectations/Course Syllabus: Found here (Google Doc)
Required Calculator: Texas Instruments TI-83+ or TI-84+ or corresponding Silver Editions. I recommend you buy your own, but go to the library if you want to borrow one.
AP Statistics Exam: Friday, May 15, 2020 in the afternoon (see full schedule here). All students are expected to take the AP Examination.
Remind.com Text-message Notification System: Send @kirkstats as a text message to the number 81010 or (607) 271-6090, or you can send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org or follow this link.
Introduction to College Algebra Information
Expectations/Course Syllabus: Found here (Google doc)
Required Calculator: We will primarily use web-based calculators accessible on your Chromebooks, but beyond that I recommend the Texas Instruments TI-83+ or TI-84+ or corresponding Silver Editions. You can obtain your own or you can borrow one from the library.
InCA Final Exam: While this course does not end in a state Regents examination (the schedule for which you can find here), we will be having a final exam, most likely on Tuesday, June 17, 2020. More information about this will be posted in the spring
Remind.com Text-message Notification System: Send @kirkInCA as a text message to the number 81010 or (607) 271-6090, or you can send a blank email to kirkIntAlg@mail.remind.com or follow this link.