We are wrapping up Unit 3, and our unit test will be on Friday, December 15. It will be cumulative for the entire unit, including graphing/identifying key features of parabolas and solving quadratic equations. Today and tomorrow, we are connecting the first and second parts of the unit together, and we started that today by discussing how to find the key features of a parabola algebraically (i.e., from the equation, without graphing it). We did this via a Desmos activity, so there are no notes, but you could review the method we discussed with this video.
The homework is HW 3.16 – Finding Key Features Algebraically.
Cumulative IXL Review Modules (newly added modules are in bold).
- J.5 – Solve a quadratic equation using the zero product property
- J.6 – Solve a quadratic equation by factoring
- J.9 – Solve a quadratic equation using the quadratic formula
- L.7 – Multiply radical expressions
- T.1 – Identify the direction a parabola opens (assigned 11/21 to 90)
- T.2 – Find the vertex of a parabola (assigned 11/21 to 90)
- T.4 – Find the axis of symmetry of a parabola (assigned 11/21 to 90)
- From Algebra 1
- BB.1 – Characteristics of quadratic functions (assigned 11/21 to 80)
- BB.5 – Solve a quadratic equation using square roots
- BB.10 – Solve a quadratic equation using the quadratic formula (assigned 12/6 to 80)