This Week’s Assignment (Assignment Archive Here)
No new work will be assigned this week. The last part of Lesson 7.2 is due this Wednesday, June 3 at 2:00.
Final Project Due 6/8: Trigonometry in My World
The expectations of the project are simple (full details for this project are here)
- Find two triangles in your world and take a picture. They can be in your room, somewhere in your home or apartment, in a nearby park, or somewhere you go frequently.
- Neither triangle can be a right triangle or an equilateral triangle, and at most one can be isosceles
- Measure the side lengths of the triangle, either the real physical one or your picture.
- Use the Law of Cosines, find one angle measurement for the triangle
- Use the Law of Sines to find another angle measurement
- Find the third angle by using the fact that all three angles add to 180°
- Use the Sine Formula for Area to find the area of the triangle.
Refer to Lesson 6.5 – Problem Set 2 for a reminder of these formulas, and refer to these IXL modules for some extra examples of what I’m asking you to do with the project:
- Law of Sines (BSY)
- Law of Cosines (ZQB)
- Solve a Triangle (YPP)
- Area of a triangle: sine formula (LNQ)
- Area of a triangle: Law of Sines (5NP)
You will create a Google Slides Presentation with two slides, one for each triangle. On each slide, upload your picture of the triangle and either type your math work or upload clear photos of handwritten mathematical work.
Your Google Slides are due on Monday, June 8 at noon. I’ll be using this rubric to grade this project.
Questions? Please email me to ask and/or sign up for or drop in during an Office Hours session!
Virtual Class Session
We’ll have our final virtual classroom session tomorrow, Tuesday the 2nd at 1:00 pm. Come by to say goodbye to your classmates and have a little fun! We’ll be going back to Zoom this time, and I’ll post the connection details tomorrow.