Update (4/10): I’ve uploaded my solutions to the Unit 2 review here. Please take a look at that, along with this video of me completing some specific problems from the set, and email me with any questions (or hold on to them for our next virtual meeting next week).
Update (4/8): ICSD has mostly finalized their plans for Distance Learning 2.0, and teachers are reviewing these guidelines and providing final feedback. You should start receiving some information about these plans very soon, if you haven’t already. Please check your email often for that information!
One of the changes for us is that our regular online sessions will be moving to Tuesdays at 1:00 pm. I have made a short form to explore your preferences about using Zoom vs. Google Meet; please complete it here.
As we prepare for ICSD’s Distance Learning 2.0, and our attempt to move on to new content, I want to use this week to review factoring and rational expressions (Unit 2). Your assignment is as follows:
This Week’s Assignment (my encouraged due date for all Required tasks is by 2:00 pm on Friday, April 10, however I am very flexible with this timing!)
- Required: Log into Desmos and complete this activity: Factoring Quadratics and Reducing Rational Expressions (room code MRUFNV)
- Make you you sign in using your Google account, otherwise your answers will not save!
- Required (your choice which):
- Complete the Unit 2 Review (either print and complete or write out your answers on a piece of paper) and email me pictures of your completed work
- Complete the following IXL modules to a minimum score of 80 (IXL sign-in instructions can be found at the Course FAQ page here)
- Optional: View the following instructional videos
Wednesday Zoom Meeting
On Wednesday, 4/8 at 2:00 pm, I will host another virtual get-together, again using Zoom (click here for the Chrome app if you’re using your Chromebooks, otherwise I recommend the downloaded version). I’ll post the link to join here and send it out by email when that goes live. Come by and say hello, ask some questions, or just chat. I look forward to seeing you!
- Questions from Unit 1 review (inequalities, absolute value equations, etc.)
- Rational expressions mini-lesson + supervised Desmos/IXL work
- Unit 1 and 5 Review: You can still access (and submit!) the Unit 1 and 5 review work posted in the last two weeks.
- Suggested Additional IXL Review: I recommend you log in to IXL (see the Course FAQ page for log-in instructions), and work on any of the starred modules, but especially the following (click these links after logging in, or search for the three-character code in the search bar at the top):