Each week, starting today, we will be participating in the New York Times’s What’s Going On in This Graph activity. Click the link to see today’s graph, and go to Desmos to enter some of your thoughts.
We did some more work with the quadratic formula today, specifically with simplifying the radical expressions we sometimes get when we apply it.
- Copy of class notes
- HW 3.11 – Quadratic Formula and Simplifying Radicals
- Lesson video (simplifying radicals) – You can ignore everything past the 10 minute mark, as that is beyond what we’re doing right now.
- Video Archive
Cumulative IXL Modules
- J.5 Solve a quadratic equation using the zero product property
- J.6 Solve a quadratic equation by factoring
- J.9 Solve a quadratic equation using the quadratic formula
- L.1 Roots of integers
- L.3 Find roots using a calculator
- L.7 Multiply radical expressions
- T.1 Identify the direction a parabola opens
- T.2 Find the vertex of a parabola
- T.4 Find the axis of symmetry of a parabola
- From Algebra 1