We did some more work with the quadratic formula today, specifically with simplifying the radical expressions we sometimes get when we apply it.
- HW 3.11 – Quadratic Formula and Simplifying Radicals
- Lesson video (simplifying radicals) – You can ignore everything past the 10 minute mark, as that is beyond what we’re doing right now.
- Video Archive
Cumulative IXL Modules
- J.5 Solve a quadratic equation using the zero product property
- J.6 Solve a quadratic equation by factoring
- J.9 Solve a quadratic equation using the quadratic formula
- L.1 Roots of integers
- L.3 Find roots using a calculator
- L.7 Multiply radical expressions
- T.1 Identify the direction a parabola opens
- T.2 Find the vertex of a parabola
- T.4 Find the axis of symmetry of a parabola
- From Algebra 1