Today was Day 3 of the Desmos-based activities we’ve been using in class to re-introduce ourselves to parabolas. In class yesterday, many of you had some difficulty in properly describing parabolas or in identifying features of parabolas to ask about in order to guess which one your partner had chosen. This shows us that there is a need for proper vocabulary when describing these entities. Today’s lesson reviewed that vocabulary.
- HW 3.3 – Parabola Key Feature Vocabulary
- Lesson Video (reviewing most of the key vocabulary discussed in the notes above)
Cumulative IXL Modules
- T.1 Identify the direction a parabola opens
- T.2 Find the vertex of a parabola
- T.4 Find the axis of symmetry of a parabola
- From Algebra 1