Today’s assignment is about deciding whether a linear or exponential model is most appropriate for a set of data. The short version is make a scatterplot and examine the picture. If it looks straight, use a linear model. If it looks curved, use an exponential one.
- Homework: HW 9.16 – Linear vs Exponential Regression
- Lesson video – Identifying a table as linear or exponential
- S.9 – Exponential functions over unit intervals
- S.12 – Exponential growth and decay: word problems
- S.13 – Compound interest: word problems
- S.14 – Continuously compounded interest: word problems
- Review modules from Algebra I level