We expanded on compound interest today, extending the concept to the idea of “compounding continuously,” which in turn led us to the fascinating mathematical constant of e. If you’re interested in learning more about e, click the link!
- Homework: HW 9.9 – Compounding Continuously
- Lesson video 1 – The is the Numberphile video we watched in class, explaining what e is and some of the interesting things it does.
- Lesson video 2 – Skip to the 14:30 mark for information on compounding continuously, but the first bit is a great review of other compound interest problems.
- S.9 – Exponential functions over unit intervals
- S.12 – Exponential growth and decay: word problems
- S.13 – Compound interest: word problems
- S.14 – Continuously compounded interest: word problems
- Review modules from Algebra I level