We’ve started the second part of Unit 3 today, working with quadratic equations from an algebraic — instead of a graphical — approach. Your homework tonight is HW 3.9 – Solving Quadratics by Factoring. You can find the notes posted here, and there are many videos on YouTube you could check out for extra examples: I recommend this one.
Cumulative IXL Review Modules (newly added modules are in bold).
- J.5 – Solve a quadratic equation using the zero product property
- J.6 – Solve a quadratic equation by factoring
- T.1 – Identify the direction a parabola opens (assigned 11/21 to 90)
- T.2 – Find the vertex of a parabola (assigned 11/21 to 90)
- T.4 – Find the axis of symmetry of a parabola (assigned 11/21 to 90)
- From Algebra 1
- BB.1 – Characteristics of quadratic functions (assigned 11/21 to 80)