Our redo quiz for factoring will be on Friday, October 13. Yesterday, we went over the first version of the quiz in great detail. Today, we spent some time doing individual practice on IXL.
IXL is an online math skill practice website, especially useful for improving your abilities in some of the very fundamental skills that are essential to some of the things we will do later in the course. In order to use the website, you must log in. Everybody’s login information works the same way:
- Your username is your first initial and complete last name, followed by 1@ithaca. My username, for example, would be bkirk1@ithaca.
- Note that for some students, your username is followed by a 2 instead of a 1. So if the 1 doesn’t work, try the 2.
- Your password is simply abc123 (everybody has the same password)
In class today, you started working on a set of four review modules. Your homework is to finish them to the directed scores. They are as follows (from the Algebra 2 page):
- I.1 – Factor out a monomial to a score of 80
- I.3 – Factor quadratics to a score of 80
- I.4 – Factor using a quadratic pattern to a score of 60
- I.7 – Factor polynomials to a score 80