We reviewed the Splitting the Middle method for factoring in class today, which you can use to factor any trinomial (even those that start with a number other than 1). Tonight’s homework is HW 1.18 – Trinomial Factoring (Day 2). You can find the notes posted here, and a few more examples in this video (starting yours truly!).
Our last quiz for Unit 1 will be on Friday, October 6th. We’ll move on to Unit 2 after the three day weekend!
Cumulative IXL Review Modules (modules relevant to today’s lesson are in bold)
- A.1 – Evaluate variable expressions involving integers
- B.1 – Solve linear equations
- B.2 – Solve linear equations: word problems
- B.3 – Solve absolute value equations
- I.1 – Factor out a monomial
- I.3 – Factor quadratics
- I.5 – Factor by grouping
- K.3 – Multiply polynomials
- Helpful modules from Algebra 1