Today, we continued with Unit 8, Lesson 4 – Completing the Square. The method is how we convert between standard and vertex forms for quadratic equations. We used a revised notes/homework pages, so you should have removed pages 347-350 from your book and replaced them with the pages linked below. Your homework is the new homework sheet, pages, pages 349-350.
- Revised notes/homework (pdf)
- Completed Notes Sheet (pdf)
- Kirk’s Lesson video (YouTube) – Note that while we did revise the notes for this lesson, the edits were slight and so the video will still be relevant.
IXL Review Modules for Unit 8 (modules relevant to today’s lesson are in bold)
- BB.1 – Characteristics of quadratic functions
- BB.2 – Complete a function table: quadratic functions
- BB.3 – Transformations of quadratic functions
- BB.4 – Graph quadratic functions in vertex form
- BB.8 – Complete the square
- Relevant modules from Algebra 2 level