For the in class activity, please use this graph.
If you missed class, you can still give the activity a try; find the instructions here: Transformations of Quadratics Lab
Your homework is the second page of the lab instructions (so click that link if you need another copy), which has some more practice with identifying the impact of various changes to the equation of a quadratic function. If you missed class, you might want to take a look at Kirk’s video lesson 3 and follow along on the notes in your book.
IXL Review Modules for Unit 8 (modules relevant to today’s lesson are in bold)
- BB.1 – Characteristics of quadratic functions
- BB.2 – Complete a function table: quadratic functions
- BB.3 – Transformations of quadratic functions
- BB.4 – Graph quadratic functions in vertex form
- Relevant modules from Algebra 2 level