As noted in the Snow Day post, our Unit 7 test is going to be tomorrow. So you should do some review. Most of this will just involve practicing some more, using either the IXL modules linked below or the Polynomials Practice Test. Don’t forget to review the polynomial vocabulary from the first lesson of the unit!
Completion of the practice test will not be checked for its own homework credit, but is worth a bonus homework credit to anybody who finishes it. You can check your answers against the list at the end of the document.
Finally, if you’re missing any IXL modules, tomorrow is the due date. As usual, please send me an email with whatever updated work you might have done.
Assigned IXL Review Modules (Noted with dates assigned and required target scores)
- Y.1 – Identify monomials (assigned 3/2 to 90)
- Y.2 – Multiply monomials (assigned 3/1 to 80)
- Z.1 – Polynomial vocabulary (assigned 3/2 to 90)
- Z.4 – Add and subtract polynomials (assigned 3/2 to 90)
- Z.8 – Multiply two binomials (assigned 3/3 to 80)
- Z.9 – Multiply two binomials: special cases (assigned 3/3 to 90)
- Z.10 – Multiply polynomials (assigned 3/3 to 80, then increased to 90 on 3/6)
- AA.1 – GCF of monomials (assigned 3/6 to 80)
- AA.2 – Factor out a monomial (assigned 3/7 to 80)
- AA.4 – Factor quadratics with leading coefficient 1 (assigned 3/10 to 80)
- AA.5 – Factor quadratics with other leading coefficients (assigned 3/10 to 80)
- AA.6 – Factor quadratics: special cases (assigned 3/12 to 90)
- AA.7 – Factor by grouping (assigned 3/7 to 80)
- AA.8 – Factor polynomials (assigned 3/15 to 80)
- Supplemental modules (not assigned for homework, but useful for additional practice)